Planning a wedding and not quite sure where to start? Let's talk wedding planning basics.
When we are engaged, many of us start mentally processing the scores of elements that make up your wedding. It can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you are planning a destination wedding in Hawaii. The flowers, the linens, the cake, your wedding party, your dress, escort cards, lighting, favors….there are so many details that make your wedding day unique and authentic to you. All of those details will be coming to the forefront of your wedding planning soon enough, but first it’s important to lay a strong foundation.
Before you make any decisions, or come to any conclusions about your wedding venue or how many guests you want to invite, you may want to talk to your Hawaii wedding planner and get some support setting your wedding budget.
Many clients have a budget. And many clients have a very clear idea about their wedding vision. But when budget and wedding vision are arrived at independantly of one another, some adjustments may be in order. Your wedding planner will help you marry the two for a successful union.
Wedding Expenses you'll want to be sure to include in your wedding budget:
- Accommodations- Couple, Family, etc.
- Attire- Couple, Accessories, Shoes
- Beauty- Hair and Make up, Hair and Make up Trials, and wedding party beauty you are covering
- Ceremony- Site fee, Chair/table Rentals, Linens, Floral, Decor, Live Music, Amplification
- Decor-Floral Centerpieces, Lighting, Chairs, Linens, Candles, Tabletop Decor etc.
- Entertainment- DJ and or Band, Photo Booth, Cigar Bar, etc.
- Food and Beverage- Cocktail Hour Appetizers, Dinner, Wedding Cake and/or Desserts, Bar, Late Night Snack, China, Glassware, Flatware, Service Charge, Tax. Food and Beverage Minimums.
- Gifts-For Family, Wedding Party and Each Other
- Memories- Engagement & Wedding Photography and Wedding Video/Cinematography
- Paper- Save the Dates, Wedding Invitations, Ceremony Programs, Escort Cards, Menus & Place Cards.
- Wedding Planner
Clearly defining a manageable wedding budget will create a solid foundation upon which you and your wedding planning team can design your perfect Hawaiian Wedding day. Aloha!